Dear Members, residents and park users,
After careful consideration of a number of options open to us the Committee of the Friends of Vinall Park has agreed to seek to obtain Town/Village Green status for the Park. We will be supported in this by Medway Council.
The reason for pursuing this course of action is to put another layer of ‘protection’ on the Park against future building development. We hope you will support us in this aim to keep the Park as a Green Space for the benefit of residents and local users.
To take the application forward requires us to collect evidence of the ways in which the Park is used and has been used in the past. This is where we would like your help please. You will see below a set of questions which we hope will prompt you to share your recollections of how you and your friends and family have used the Park.
We have posted copies to everyone in the streets surrounding the park but if you would like to download and print your own copy click below
If you prefer an on-line version can be completed here
Please don’t feel that you have to answer all of the questions in detail – anything that you are able to provide will be helpful.
If you wish to email your response please copy and paste the questions below and send your response to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vinall Park memories
- Name – optional
- Address and Contact details – optional. Useful for the Committee to be able to follow up for more details
- How long have you lived in the area?
- How long have you been using the Park?
- How often do you visit Vinall Park?
- How long do you spend there?
- What are your reasons for visiting the park?: Please tick all that apply
sports/games – organised or ad hoc
other – please define
- What memories do you have of organised events?
what type of event?
- social, sport, charity, family, community,
how many people attended?
It would be helpful if you could submit your responses by Friday 10 November.
Thank you in advance of your help.
The Vinall Park Committee